Project: Vita Student Village, York
Architect: Fuse Studios
Project Completion: 2017
Product: NORclad European Redwood with Koppers MicroShades “Brunnea” Treatment
- Winner Best Large Residential Development, 2018 York Design Awards
- Shortlisted for the 2018 RICS Awards
- Shortlisted for the 2018 RIBA Awards
- Shortlisted for the 2018 Construction News Awards
- Shortlisted for the 2018 York Design Awards
Products specified, Treatment Services applied under ISO 9001 factory controlled conditions.
A specification was created utilising a PEFC certified NORclad European Redwood. Koppers MicroShades “Brunnea” treatment was requested to offer a formal warranty on the product for 30 years against rot and fungal decay (out of ground contact), along with a good level of colour stability VS traditional untreated species.
To create depth on the project the two profiles supplied were a combination of Ex 38 x 75mm, which was machined to finish 32 x 70mm. Combined with a thinner Ex 25 x 75mm board which was machined to finish 20 x 70mm.